- The smiles surround, your innocence abound
- You came close and said you wanted to be around
- I listened to all what you wished to share
- and now it seems like it was just yesterday
- But times have changed bringing a new day
- I still wonder what time it was in such a way
- That I trusted every word of yours
- No matter even if you never meant
- I happen to still be talking to you
- As if it were just yesterday.
- The memories could never fade
- Your presence in life will never evade
- But all this is nothing more than just a dream
- And I often dread our parting ways and scream
- Knowing now that I have no one to listen to me
- It’s merely a shadow of yours that I am able to see
- How do I bear the pain that is deep within
- You are my habit which never let me be serene.
It seems it was just yesterday
When suddenly at the crossroad
You came along from nowhere
Together so close we trod.
With quite a deep emotion
I knew it was only a transition
And may not be for long
But I simply loved all the song
The feelings and expressions
Were so damn temporary
As time speedily went past
I realized it couldn’t really last
We again reached the intersection
From we may finally distance apart
But the precious memorable past
Will ever remain in my heart.
When I talk to people
They begin considering me feeble
The minute I decide to be distant
They go on calling me arrogant
Ah! What a sheer irony
I am expected to please so many
Which I am sure I never will
That’s absolutely not my skill
I am better rude than stray
To appeal people away.
The many mistakes I often made
Have taught me lessons too great
Perhaps there’s a lot still stored
And I have become very bold.
My life was so simple and plain
Till there was none of your pain
I often tried to finish and slain
Just then you entered into the my heart
With your apologies that were but fake
I knew that nothing was real
Still I let myself be close and feel
Always got my expectations crushed
Yet I allowed you, my mind I hushed
Had your apologies that were but fake
With passing time I accepted my fate
Not to let you be anymore my mate
Changed my thoughts before too late
However, it’s so difficult to forget
Your apologies that were but so fake
It wandered all over
Looking for one loving mate
But despite much hover
It found none in its fate.
It often cried relentlessly
Longing to find a shoulder
And it was left all by itself lonely
To fight all odds and be bolder.
All its struggles kept it engaged
Time went past yet nothing changed
It worked over every new aspect
And finally learnt not to expect.
Challenges turned quite unending
The tired soul could just be yelling
All its efforts seemed so futile
That it felt nothing was worthwhile.